HP Labs-Programmer/Analyst - Digital Library Systems - 979546
The Senior Systems Developer is responsible for the design, development and deployment of research information services for scientists and engineers in HP Labs. Working as a senior technical contributor within the HP Labs Research Library, the selected candidate will:
· Develop and maintain standards based digital library solutions, and apply advanced Information Management and solution development expertise in the analysis of business requirements, documentation of system design specifications, and development, testing, implementation and support of library services.
· As subject matter expert, provide direction and guidance toward process and solution improvements, evaluate new technologies, contribute to the development of new ideas and methods, and serve in both technical and project leadership capacities.
· Ensure solutions are designed, tested, documented, implemented, enhanced and corrected according to operations standards and expected service quality.
· Prepare and distribute communications related to development activities and project milestones & deliverables.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
XML, and/or related technologies and standards.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as member of cross-functional project team.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Intangibles: Integrity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, goal orientation, desire to learn, ability to collaborate.
. Masters Degree in Library and Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Two or more years experience developing and supporting library solutions specifically for Digital Publishing & Archiving, Document Delivery Automation, Inter-Library Loan, Citation management and other library workflow automation activities.
· Project Management experience.
· Experience developing C, Java, Open URl, AARC2, LCC and AJAX applications.
· Two or more years experience performing copy and original cataloging for monographs, audio/visual materials, serials using OCLC, AARC2, MARC, LCC, and MARC.
. Experience working with and administering DSpace, EzProxy, Remedy, OPACs, and Federated Search systems.
Chad Johnson, National Account Manager
Personnel Resource Corporation
1110 East Missouri Avenue, Suite 550
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Mailto:[log in to unmask]