(Digital Library– Expert) - Librarian
• Responsible for the selection, acquisition, organization, accessibility and preservation of a digital library.
• The digital librarian oversees all aspects of managing the library or collection website.
• Responsible for cataloguing and maintaining accurate records of the managed collection on behalf of an art gallery, public library or other domain.
• Day-to-day duties of planning and coordinating technical work and managing special projects.
• Works closely with teammates, ensuring that all information shared with the public over the web is properly licensed, especially pieces donated or that are on loan to the library.
• Have the basic knowledge for all or any of the following processes: Reference Services, Processing Services, Children's Services, Acquisitions and Cataloging Services, and/or Network Services
• Establishes priorities and procedures and determines workflow.
• Suggest effective access to library collections and resources.
• Poses thorough understanding of ongoing change in the field of Digital Libraries.
• Be a constant self-educator and learn from experience and have a sense of optimism of the potential in technology.
• Requires a master's of library science (MLS), or equivalent skill gained through experience coupled with 5+ years of experience in establishing and/or managing Digital Library Project.
• Fluency in English is a must for all the applicants.
• Applicant age should not be more than 60.
• CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING THE APPLICATIONS IS End of November 2010.
This post offers the following benefits:
1. Two-Year Contract. The contract will be for two years, renewable.
2. Tax-Free Salary. Salary will depend on the academic qualification, position and experience.
(One Bahraini Dinar BHD 1= US$ 2.64) and is exempt of any local income tax.
3. End of Service Bonus. Half additional month's salary for each year completed at the University of Bahrain
4. Accommodation. The University will provide to the appointee a suitable fully furnished accommodation free of charge.
5. Free Medical Services within the State Health System for the appointee and his/her dependent family.
6. Free Return Air Tickets for the appointee, spouse and up to 2 dependent children under 18 years of age for travelling TO and FROM Bahrain, including summer vacation.
7. Shipping Allowance for the shipment of the appointee's personal effects when joining the University of Bahrain.
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants are required to provide a curriculum vitae, a health clearance/ screening and a background check. All the documents should be sent via mail or e-mail to the following address
MS. REEM A AL-BUAINAIN
Office: (+973) 1787 3259
Fax: (+973) 1768 0102
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]