]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CODE4LIB Home

CODE4LIB  February 2023

CODE4LIB February 2023

Systems - to librarian or not to librarian?

Elizabeth Leonard <[log in to unmask]>

Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:30:40 -0500

text/plain

Late to the conversation, but my two cents:

I would remove or make "MLIS a plus" . Like you, I've also noted the
challenge that Libraries are facing while recruiting candidates with
technical skills. Additionally, I am unaware of any library school that
actually teaches library systems technology. As far as I can tell, most
library systems folks learn on the job- I've certainly done my part in
training library employees about how authentication and systems work and
interact with each other.

Elizabeth

--

<http://www.drew.edu/>
  *Elizabeth Leonard
 | Director | University Library
<http://www.drew.edu/library?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>
Drew University | 36 Madison Ave | Madison, NJ 07940
973-408-3322 <9734083322> | drew.edu
<http://www.drew.edu/?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>
 | @DrewUniversity <https://twitter.com/DrewUniversity>