[Cross posted: Apologies to those of you on "DLF-contacts" who have
already seen this - froom now on, such general announcements will go out
on this listserv, which contains many more people.]

Dear all - the planning for the Spring 2003 DLF Forum in New York City
is well underway, and after Cassie's site visit today (January 3rd ) we
should be able to finalize a hotel and a set of dates.  In April and May
the chance for conflicts with other meetings is high, but we have
avoided as many as we can, including the ACRL and DAI meetings.  A call
for papers will go out later in the month.

There are three sets of dates under consideration for the Spring 2003
Forum: 14-16 April; 23-25 April; 5-7 May.  NYC is not a cheap town to
host a conference, but it is a fabulous location, especially in April
and May, and is home to several DLF member institutions.  We are doing
what we can to control costs.

Looking ahead: as soon as the Spring 2003 forum is planned, I'd like to
set dates and locations for the Fall 2003, Spring 2004, and Fall 2004
Forums, to get this event on your calendars before other meetings are
planned.  Candidates for venues (open for discussion still, of course),
include Albuquerque or Austin TX for Fall 2003; New Orleans for Spring
2004; and Raleigh/Durham or Boston for Fall 2004.  Other names that have
come up in conversation include Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Denver.
What we are looking for is a place with good hotel and conference
facilities, a major airport, and some degree of local attractions for
those who come early or stay late to get a Saturday night stay-over
fare.  Any and all reactions welcomed.

Best,

David

David Seaman