From: Stephen Abrams [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 5:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: session at JCDL

Hi Leslie:

I will be attending JCDL also (just listening, not presenting).  If you
like, I could provide some information on the way in which our design
requirement to integrate digital and analog holdings and services informed
the LDI architecture and implementation.

At 04:04 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>All,
>
>I have been asked last-minute to coordinate a panel for JCDL in May
>(specifically on May 29) on the theme of "hybrid libraries -- bringing the
>physical and digital together."  I am soliciting speaker suggestions to
>fortify my own.
>
>I am focusing on two aspects of this topic:
>
>1.  The technological infrastructure and user services that we need to
>develop that provide integrated access to physical and digital collections,
>whether local or licensed; and
>
>2.  The cultural change that is necessary for a library to work with both
>physical and digital collections in local collection building, cataloging,
>collections access, and reference.
>
>I am also potentially interested in case studies, e.g., "How I succeeded in
>successfully creating some aspect of a hybrid library."
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Leslie

---
Stephen L. Abrams
Digital Library Program Manager
Harvard University Library, Office for Information Systems
1280 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 404
Cambridge, MA 02138
T (617) 495-3724
F (617) 495-0491