From: Adams, Juliette [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: LTSC-DREL: IEEE LTSC-DREL WG: Request for Input on Educational
and Training Requirements

All-

The Digital Rights Expression Languages (DREL) workgroup within the IEEE
Learning Technology Standards Committee is gathering requirements that a
standardized Digital Rights Expression Language (DREL) must meet to
support
learning, education and training.

DREL standardization efforts exist, are well advanced and are supported
by
large industry groups (multimedia, consumer electronics,
telecommunications,
the IT industry etc.) We assume that such languages will be incorporated
into technology in this decade. Our goal is not to create another DREL
standard but to ensure that existing standards can be effectively used
by
the educational community.

To this end, we are asking for your/your group's input and feedback. The
attached document explains what a standardized DREL can do and what type
of
applications we envision for it. We invite you to submit comments and
(especially) specific areas and scenarios which you feel a standardized
DREL
should support.

Feedback should be submitted in the form of email to
or [log in to unmask] (See http://ltsc.ieee.org/ltsc-lists.htm for
instructions on subscribing to the list.)

Best,
Juliette Adams