On 11/21/03 8:40 AM, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Here at ND we will instigate a code4lib mailing list. Initially Rob and I will
> be moderators. We'll give it a try for eighteen (18) months, and after that
> time if there does not seem to be enough interest to keep the whole thing
> alive, then we will shut it down. This is no real skin off our backs. We'll
> call it a "professional development opportunity", and it may very will fill a
> useful purpose as well as fill a void.
>
> Let me set things up. It usually takes a day or two.

I believe the code4lib mailing list has been successfully set up, and I have
created a home page describing it here:

From the description:

  The purpose of the mailing is to provide a forum for discussion
  all thing programming code for libraries. This is a place to
  discuss particular programming languages such as Java or Python,
  but is also provide a place to discuss the issues of programming
  in libraries in general.

  This mailing list is experimental. If, after eighteen (18)
  months, there seems to be no interest in the list, then the list
  will be removed.

  To subscribe to the list, send the following command in the body
  of an email message to [log in to unmask]:

    subscribe code4lib [your name]

  To unsubscribe to the list, send the following command in the
  body of an email message to [log in to unmask]:

    unsubscribe code4lib [your name]

  A browsable archive of the mailing list is available at: