All,

For several years now, Carnegie Mellon University Libraries has been
conducting research on copyright permission to digitize and provide open
access to books.  I supervise this research and am responsible for securing
copyright permissions for the Million Book Project.  I am looking for other
people involved in seeking permission to digitize and provide open access
to copyrighted works so that we can confer
about strategies, workflow, success rates, and transaction costs. Please
contact me if you or someone you know is involved in this kind of work.
Thank you very much.

Denise

Denise Troll Covey
Associate Dean, University Libraries