10/25/04

Date:  Monday, October 25, 2004
Time:  10:45 am - 12:30 pm (lunch will be served)
Location:  Hyatt Regency Baltimore, Constellation C

In conjunction with a recent IMLS grant to Indiana University and the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (see details appended to this
message), we are organizing a focus group at the DLF Fall Forum in
Baltimore, October 25 from 10:45-12:30 at the conference hotel.
Professor Leigh Estabrook of the University of Illinois Library Research
Center will be the facilitator and box lunches will be served.  As
stated in the grant proposal, the focus groups to be conducted in the
first year of the grant are part of a needs assessment to inform
curriculum development for a digital libraries specialization at Indiana
and Illinois.

If you would like to contribute your views on needed preparation for
work in digital libraries through participation in the focus group,
please contact Leigh Estabrook at [log in to unmask] or 217/333-4209 as
soon as possible.  We are very interested in involving participants in
the DLF Fall Forum in this effort.

Cheers,

Barrie L. Howard
Administrative Associate
Digital Library Federation
1755 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036-2124
Phone (202) 939-4761
FAX (202) 939-4765
Web: http://www.diglib.org