On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:44:07 -0500, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I got the message above describing how Code4Lib has been added to a
> thing called Gmane.
>
> Apparently Gmane is a mailing archiver and usenet news feeder. I have
> no secrets, and I don't really mind this sort of thing happening to our
> list, but what do y'all think? Should I do nothing, or should I try to
> remove Code4Lib from their archive?

I don't think my vote should count for much since I'm new hear, but I
think GMane is pretty harmless.

It helps (grey beard, very technical; overgeneralizing) users more
easily locate stuff in archives.  Arguably, a web browser is a poor
tool for reading a bulletin board, which a mailing list sort of is.
News readers are good a this.