This is interesting and gave me an idea for a project I have been working on.  Can anyone on the list point me to some Mozilla FireFox information for how to construct what the UI calls "sidebars", e.g., View->Sidebar.  It's not the same as a search plug-ins, but I'm looking for information of Sidebars and I also wouldn't mind some pointers to creating search plug-ins.

Thanks, Andy.