On 5/27/05, Chris Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wrote a bit of code today that I think is kinda nifty.  I was trying to
> illustrate some ideas that I've been kicking around for a while.
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who'd like to take a kick at the
> tires.  You can try it out at
> <http://testtube.uwaterloo.ca/cpgray/sl/subject.cfm>.

We have something similar in the "Relevant Subjects" sidebar of our
pre-alpha OPAC (http://gapines.org), though the user only gets to
select one subject to resubmit the search with in ours.  I personally
find that kind of interface pretty addictive.  I love to bounce around
in the subjects to see what unexpected linkages there are hiding the
the database.

I think the general idea is sound.  The only problem I see, and it's
quite subjective (ugh... :)), is that it's hard to tell if you're
finding anything interesting based on the new search.  Perhaps list
the top two or three titles based on rank for each subject heading?

--
Mike Rylander
GPLS -- PINES Development