Eric, et al,

I have been thinking of ways, similiar to what you have done that you
mentioned below with the Ockham project, to allow more modern day access
with our library catalog.  I have been beginning to think about devising
a way to index/harvest our entire catalog (and allow this indexing
process to run every so often) to allow our own custom access methods.
We could then generate our own custom RSS feeds of new books, allow more
efficient/enticing search interfaces, etc.

Do you know of any existing software for indexing or harvesting a
catalog into another datastore (SQL Database, XML Database, etc).  I am
sure I could fetch all of the records somehow through Z39.50 and dump it
into a MySQL database, but maybe there is some better method?

Thanks!
Andrew