Those of us attending next week's CNI Task Force Meeting in Phoenix will
have an opportunity to hear a presentation and engage in discussion
about this report.  Others of you may remember John Unsworth's keynote
speech on this topic (and a panel presentation) at the Fall 2004 Forum
in Baltimore.

David

***********************************

The draft report of the American Council of Learned Societies'
Commission on
Cyberinfrastructure for Humanities and Social Sciences is now available
for public comment, at
http://www.acls.org/cyberinfrastructure/acls-ci-public.pdf

The file is about 2.4MB in size. The Commission invites you to
contribute to the final version of this report by offering critique,
providing examples, proposing ways to improve the draft, or raising
issues omitted from the draft. We do not promise to incorporate all
suggestions, but we do promise to consider them, and we encourage you to
call this request for comments to the attention of others. Comments on
the draft may be sent to [log in to unmask] .

The Commission will meet again early in 2006 to discuss public comments
and
complete their work, so comments should be submitted by December 31st,
2005.

John Unsworth, Chair
ACLS Commission on Cyberinfrastructure for Humanities and Social Science