On Mar 20, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Edward Summers wrote:
>
>>> So, the idea is to insert "coins" into each of my bibliographic
>>> records. After doing so user-agents that crawl the site, or user-
>>> agents equipped with some sort of coins-aware tool/plugin will
>>> convert the coin into an OpenURL and allow the user to resolve it
>>> against their local resolver. No?
>>
>> Yes, that's the idea.

But wait, there's more!

With the new unAPI spec, you can also allow eager hackers to mashup
and rewire your cataloged data and objects web-2.0 style just by
including a tiny bit of additional html and a small set of function
calls.

   http://unapi.info/specs/

There's a list of cool examples already in the wild:

   http://unapi.info/examples.html

...among them, even, a validator from Mr. Summers, to help you to
know how your unAPI service is doing.

Rudimentary 2.0!

   -dc