> Right. The observation had more to do with how to order the items within
> a workset. The visitor was suggesting that a combination of popularity
> and currency ought to be considered for determining display. So between
> titles, you could show those titles that were more widely held first.
> Then within titles, you could show the most recent edition of the title
> at the top -- independent of the number of holdings associated with that
> particular edition.

In answer to a question from yesterday, I'd wager (since we are doing
armchair usability) that factoring in the number of manifestations of an
item *would* make a difference.

You'd probably have to do it at query time, but for the concerns I've heard
about catalog records changing, conditional results for date sets seems
valuable.

Karen G. Schneider