Dear DLF Colleagues,

Internet Archive is currently searching for a Program Manager for web
archiving and a new Director to manage the web archiving group at
Internet Archive.   The Program Manager position will be located out
of DC, and the Director position is at headquarters in the Presidio,
San Francisco California.  The full job descriptions can be viewed at:

http://www.archive.org/about/jobs.php

If you would like more information on either job please feel free to
contact me directly.  Below is a brief description of each position.

Sincerely,
Michele Kimpton
Director Web Archive, IA
415-561-6799 ext 1

Web Archive Director

  Are you passionate about internet technologies and preservation of
web content?  Are you an advocate for public access to digital
content?  Are you a believer in open source software platforms?  If
you answer yes, to any or all of these questions we are looking for
someone of your caliber to set the direction and management of the
web archive team and related activities. The web archive team is a
self sustaining revenue generating non-profit group within Internet
Archive whose mission is to build, manage and continuously improve
the worlds largest public web archive, and do this in part by working
with other National libraries, Archives and memory institutions
around the world.

The Internet Archive is a non-profit organization in the Presidio of
San Francisco that helps digitize and provide access to vast
quantities of materials over the Internet. Used by over 6 million
people, this resource is becoming part of how the Internet works. Our
job is to put the best humanity has to offer within reach of
students, educators and the general public. To find out more go to
www.archive.org.

Responsibilities include:

     * Continue to build and expand our partnerships with National
Libraries, Archives and other memory institutions on building web
archives ,developing open source tools, and providing web archiving
services.
     * Direct and support web archive services team in setting the
strategy and execution of www.archive-it.org, a subscription based
online web archiving service and set the vision for next generation
product.
     * Continue role as founding member on the IIPC (International
Internet Preservation Consortium), a group of 12 National Libraries
and Internet Archive responsible for developing standards, tools and
practices regarding web archiving.
     * Management of web archive team, a group of twenty professionals.
     * Develop partnerships and collaborative projects with other
search engine and internet based companies to expand the bread, depth
and capabilities of the existing web archive.
     * Bring in funding from non traditional and traditional sources
to expand the scope of the mission.
     * Build and improve upon the existing web archive, including
more sophisticated access for the general public and researchers.

Web Archive Program Manager

The Internet Archive web team is seeking a Program Manager to be
responsible for the management and growth of our web archiving
services for National Libraries and other large memory institutions.
This position requires familiarity and experience with internet
technologies, and an ability to present technology initiatives and
ideas, when needed.

We are looking for candidates based in Washington DC, with some
travel required to the San Francisco Bay Area, the home base of
Internet Archive.

Responsibilities:
Work directly with the Library of Congress, United States National
Archives and other institutions on Web archiving initiatives and
programs.

Collaborate with other departments within the Internet Archive to
coordinate objectives, goals and projects, as well as develop
strategies to generate new business. Help with product planning and
deployment for new services.