In step (1) you locally created a FRBR key based upon the OCLC
FRBR algorithm.  Use that key as a search into the FRBR table
in your database with a join to the ISBN table.  That's what
I meant by "lookup".  For example, if you had the following
database structure:

tblFRBR
  pkFRBR, primary key, auto number
  txtFRBR, nvarchar

tblISBN
  fkFRBR, foreign key to pkFRBR in tblFRBR
  txtISBN, nvarchar

1. Generate the FRBR key value
2. Lookup with SQL:
   SELECT tblFRBR.*
   FROM tblFRBR
   WHERE tblFRBR.pkFRBR = [argFRBR];

Where the value of [argFRBR] is the key value generated in step 1.

Andy.