From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Joshua Ferraro
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Authority records and the OSS ILS

Hi Ed,

Koha (http://koha.org) uses MARC authority records. You can demo the
authority headings search on LibLime's OPAC demo:

http://opac.liblime.com

What we're lacking is a really good MARC21 Authorities Records (the
example you see above was generated from the data in that database
rather than from an external authorities file). I've looked into
purchasing authorities from the LOC but it's pretty expensive. If you
have access to a good set of authorities and would like to test the
capabilities of the system using them, let me know.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
[log in to unmask] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS