On 6/6/06, Alexander Johannesen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > You can thank NCSU for bringing the catalogers, reference types,
> > administrators, vendors, etc. to the table.
>
> Hmm, how so? I've been at the table with many of them for many years
> already and know them quite well. :) Are you referring to something
> specific?

That by trotting out their Endeca powered catalog, they've finally
gotten the tangible that we nerds have been unable to get
institutional support for.  Now every librarian in the country wants
clustering and faceted search.

But this time last year, I defy you to tell me that you could have
trotted out a project like that to anybody outside the systems office
(that wasn't already labelled a 'systems apologist').

-Ross.