The nice thing about OCLC's xISBN is that they have the ability to
produce a URL that does a direct search for the entire set of ISBNs
against a catalog - or, if the catalog doesn't support that -
constructs a frame that lists the ISBNs sorted by decreasing frequency
and allows the users to click and find a successful ISBN.

In addition, OCLC keeps a database that maps a URN for a library to
its catalog url/type and version to ensure that the correct multi-ISBN
search URL/frame is produced. It isn't widely used, but the libraries
that do use it can be sure that xISBN will work even as catalogs
change location and/or version.

These two features, especially the first, are crucial for integrating
xISBN in tools such as LibX. LibX could use the XML interface as well,
but I don't see us doing anything more than what OCLC already gives
us, so why bother.

Does thingISBN provide these additional services as well?

 - Godmar