Hi,

On 6/6/06, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On the other hand we are a bunch o' hackers, and there is more to
> this thing (whatever it is called) than code. We need the perspective
> of catalogers, reference types, administrators, vendors, etc. Thus,
> the idea for creating a new list.

Ok, that's fair enough, but will they come? My experiences with these
kind of things is that what we would like to see happen won't. Maybe
I'm overly pessimistic, but I think there is far too much politics in
the library world these days for real discussions to take place
outside of the hacking realm. Hmm. Maybe I should get soome coffee and
come back and answer things in a more positive light. :)

Regards,

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert