Hello,

I'm a noobie to Code4Lib... hi, everyone.

I think OPACs are actually very good at keeping track of the
older information structures (i.e. print serials).  I would
have no problem with abandoning the OPAC (whether entirely
or conceptually as new versions are made) from a certain
point forward, and using a new system that accomodates new
information types (blogs?  electronic journals, etc) and
implements new features whether or not they are
retrospective-ly capable.

Looking at the E-R diagram for Endeavor's OPAC was kinda
what convinced me not to get too eager to dump the old
school OPAC.

Jody