Alex,
Yes, I should write more about it. I actually have quite a bit, but it needs to be polished and expanded before being published. However, the shortcoming of the existing docs aside, it's definitely more than a good idea I've tried out, or just an interesting research project. It's in the process of being adopted internally at OCLC. All crosswalking activity is expected, eventually, to use the model and tools we've developed.

> Right now you state that it *is* better than XSLT
For a specific task - semantic mapping - it is better than XSLT. But XSLT doesn't really set the bar too high in that domain. I wouldn't use our model or tools to convert XML to HTML, though.

> what languages and technologies are used?
Everything is java under the hood. That was a choice made to increase the likelihood and rate of adoption internally.

> What would be the proposed license?
http://www.oclc.org/research/software/default.htm
I would assume Apache License, Version 2.0, but I can't say that with certainty.

> Real interest can be gained by showing us real benefits using real technology solving real issues.
And that's the crux of the problem. I'm limited in what I'm allowed to show you. My word that we are in fact solving real issues with real technology isn't going to convince anyone, but until I convince a few people it's very unlikely Seel will be released.

I'll get to writing when I can. Thanks for the feedback.

/dev