I've suggested that Seel should be made open source. For those who
weren't able to make it to Corvallis, see [1] and [2]. Basically, my
hope is that the software and language would be improved by additional
interested developers. The underlying assumption, and it's a biggie, is
that there actually will be more developers. We need to test that
assumption before we make the decision, so that we have realistic
expectations if we do open it up.

So, I'm wondering how many people think they might actually work on it.
I know it's difficult to answer that question without having something
to evaluate, but the discussion inside OCLC isn't likely to make much
headway unless I can demonstrate real interest.

Please feel free to pass this on to other people/groups who might be
interested.

/dev

[1] http://www.code4lib.org/2006/smith
[2] http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/dspace/handle/1957/2947

--
Devon Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Senior Software Engineer, Office of Research