On Oct 17, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Susan Teague Rector wrote:

> I was thinking last night - you mentioned not being able to
> do an applet b/c of access to the file directory. You could
> do a signed applet that would allow your users to connect to
> the java app. I think Tomcat, etc. is overkill for a CD...

Maybe I could go the Knoppix route.

If I'm go to all the trouble of indexing my data, writing a servlet/
applet, and installing a Web server (say Jetty), then I might as well
a TEI/XML editor, some way to annotate texts, tools to build
additional TEI/XML texts, etc. The best way to package all of this up
might be with Knoppix, and if I use such a tool, then I could write
my things in different languages, not necessarily Java.

--
Eric "Just Musing" Morgan