I'm probably late in responding to this post, but better late than
never.

At Hennepin County Library (serving the Minneapolis, MN suburbs), we
developed an in-house reservation system using ColdFusion for our book
club kits that is loosely tied to the ILS.

The need for this arouse because the book club kits need to be reserved
for specific times in the future. So the application allows the user to
search for a kit, view its availability (two years out), and then
reserve the kit for a future time period. If the user is not picky about
which specific kit they want, there is also a feature that allows the
user to select the date they want to pick up the kit and then view all
kits that match that criteria.

The reservation system does not place the reserve through the ILS
directly, nor can the general title record for the book club kits have
reserves placed on them through the ILS. But for circulation purposes,
when a kit is ready to be shipped off to the customer, a reserve is
automatically placed on the ILS record (through a script that runs
overnight).

This reservation system has since been applied to accommodate several
other in-house reservation systems.

For a look at how this works for the public, using the book club kits,
go to: http://www.hclib.org/pub/books/bookclubkit/. On the right side of
the page choose a link under Reserve a Kit.

Ryan Paetznick                  [log in to unmask]
Web Services                    http://www.hclib.org
Hennepin County Library         952-847-8543
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305