On 12/15/2006 6:05 PM, Jay Luker wrote:

> Anyway, I think this is what was happening: when parsing the ctx object
> Zotero looks for the presence of an rft.stitle or rft.jtitle attribute to
> determine if the itemType is journalArticle. But I think it's not checking
> if there's an actual value. So if you have "
> rft.stitle=&rft.jtitle=Bulletin
> of Blah Blah&...." then Zotero stops at the stitle param and
> proceeds to
> try and save the entry. So the moral of the story is watch out for empty
> OpenURL attributes in your COinS.

In the long run, I think the solution has to be for Zotero to parse
COinSes a little more adroitly.  Some citation sources spit out every
parameter with every OpenURL, just leaving blank the ones that don't
make sense for that citation.  In the [unlikely] event they could be
convinced to support COinS at all, I don't think they're going to revamp
their OpenURL-writing procedures.

--
Thomas Dowling