-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pam
Samuelson
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:38 PM
To: Friends of Lawful Use
Subject: [LawfulUse] copyright, DRM and consumer protection--March 9-10

The Berkeley Center for Law & Technology (BCLT) and the Berkeley
Technology Law Journal (BTLJ) announce our 11th annual symposium,
"Copyright, Digital Rights Management Technologies, and Consumer
Protection."  The symposium -- hosted by the UC Berkeley, Boalt Hall
School of Law -- will take place on March 9-10, 2007 at Boalt Hall.

FTC Commissioner Rosch and British Library CEO Lynne Brindley
will be keynote speakers.  Dan Burk, Julie Cohen, Graeme Dinwoodie,
Bernt Hugenholtz, Doug Lichtman, Jerry Reichman, Peter Swire,
and Jane Winn are among the cyberprofs who will be speaking.
Industry representatives from Apple, Microsoft, Sun, Warner Brothers,
Sony Pictures, and EMI Music, as well as some policymakers, will
also be speaking.

We are excited to bring together distinguished members of academia,
industry, and government from around the nation and abroad for this
year's symposium. We hope that such a diverse gathering will raise the
level of discourse on DRM law, technology, policy, and consumer
rights.

The conference website is located at
http://www.law.berkeley.edu/bclt/copyright/

Registration by fax is now open.  On-line registration will begin in
January.

Please direct questions to David Grady at [log in to unmask] or
(510) 642-3702.

We look forward to seeing you at the symposium!

Please forward to other listservs to which possibly interested
persons might be subscribed.