[Please excuse cross-posting]

The ACLS is pleased to announce that "Our Cultural Commonwealth: The
final report of the American Council of Learned Societies Commission on
Cyberinfrastructure for the Humanities & Social Sciences" was released
December 13, 2006.

In 2004, ACLS appointed the Commission and charged it to recommend how
the humanities and social sciences could develop online research
environments that would empower scholars and students.  The Commission,
chaired by John Unsworth, Dean of the Graduate School of Library and
Information Science and Professor of English at the University of
Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, has worked over two years to present a guide
to achieving that goal.

A grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation supported the work of the
Commission and the publication of the report.

Additional print and digital copies of Our Cultural Commonwealth may be
obtained at no charge at http://www.acls.org/cyberinfrastructure/.

Sandra Bradley

Grants Coordinator

American Council of Learned Societies

633 Third Avenue, 8th Floor

New York, NY  10017-6795

Tel: (212) 697 1505 ext. 146

Fax: (212) 949 8058

Note: The ACLS employs anti-spam, anti-virus protection that deletes
suspicious messages before they reach the addressee.