On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Ben Ostrowsky wrote:

> If the Bletchley Park design idea wins, may I offer a friendly
> amendment?
>
> "It was hopeless.  Despite years at Bletchley Park, Maude and Agnes
> still had three characters of the 008 that they could not understand."
>
> Ben

There was actually some discussions on the #code4lib channel recently that
came up with the same conclusion and the same sentence structure.
There's also some discussion that the last phrase should be redone to make
it clear that the problem doesn't lie with the two women.  People who
don't know of Bletchley Park might mis-interpret it.  Bletchley was one of
the locations in WWII for codebreaking.  I think the suggestion was
something like "had three characters that remained encrypted".  Someone
can read through the logs if they want to find out what the exact
suggestion was.

I apologize if I've pointed out the obvious though ;).

Jon Gorman