Nathan Vack wrote:
> Hey cats,
>
> I'm starting to think (very excitedly) about the Lucene session, and
> realized that I'd better get our data into an XML form, so I can do
> interesting things with it.
>
> Anyone here have experience (or code I could steal) dumping data from
> Voyager into... anything? I'm happy working in PHP, Java, Ruby, or
> perl -- though happiest, probably, in Ruby.
Nate, it's pretty easy.  Once you dump your records into a giant marc
file, you can run marc2xml
(http://search.cpan.org/~kados/MARC-XML-0.82/bin/marc2xml).  Then run an
XSLT against the marcxml file to create your SOLR xml docs.

One thing I am hoping that can come out of the preconference is a
standard XSLT doc.  I sat down with my metadata librarian to develop our
XSLT doc -- determining what fields are to be searchable what fields
should be left out to help speed up results, etc.

It's pretty easy, I think you will be amazed how fast you can have a
functioning system with very little effort.

Andrew