On Jan 23, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Binkley, Peter wrote:
> Those are impressive salaries! What's the cost of living like in
> Washington?

For a recent transplant from Nowheresville, Illinois the real estate
seems wildly overpriced. I've heard this explained to be the result
of lots of people moving in/out of the area continuously--and a lack
of supply. Fortunately the market has at least corrected itself in
2006, so prices aren't rising as wildly as before. Whether they will
go into free fall still remains to be seen I guess.

Most cost of living calculators can tell you the relative answer you
are looking for though--without my off the cuff editorializing. :-)

//Ed