DC rivals the county's highest cost of living, places like: Boston,
Manhatten, San Francisco, etc.  A friend who  transplanted from here in
central Ohio tried to explain that he bought a nearly half million dollar
house to "save money on rent".  And what's scary is, I think I believe him.

The jobs are pretty interesting on their merits (without the sticker shock),
too.  I would want some clarification of this statement:
"Anyone may apply - By law, employment at most U.S. Government agencies,
including the Library of Congress, is limited to U.S. citizens. However,
non-citizens may be hired providing that immigration law and other legal
requirements are met."

So by law it is limited... but we can hire you anyway?
--joe