code4libers,

I've kicked off a sub-project of Solr called Flare.  Its has several
goals, including to be a Solr Ruby DSL and to achieve a general
purpose user interface framework to include faceted browsing, suggest
interfaces, as well as the folksonomy angle of tagging/annotating
results.  At the moment there isn't too much there, but I will be
devoting ever waking spare moment to this over the next couple of
months.  To get involved, first check out the Flare wiki:

        <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Flare>

Then sign up for the solr-user e-mail list, submit patches, and so
on.  From #code4lib, I've seen that this community has some very
sharp Ruby talent and I'm eager to have collaborators on this.  I'm
building this out as a distillation of Collex to the faceted browsing
piece, and evolving it up to the folksonomy features, as a way to
start with a clean slate in a test centric fashion.  The initial goal
is for this to become the demo I do for the UVa library folks on
their 3M+ MARC records, and to also use this for the code4lib pre-
conference.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions, critique, patches, and
collaborations of any level.

Thanks,
        Erik