Bess Sadler wrote:
> As long as we're on the subject, does anyone want to share strategies
> for syncing circulation data? It sounds like we're all talking about
> the parallel systems á la NCSU's Endeca system, which I think is a
> great idea. It's the circ data that keeps nagging at me, though. Is
> there an elegant way to use your fancy new faceted browser to search
> against circ data w/out re-dumping the whole thing every night?
I will talk about this in my presenation at the conference.
Syncing every night is too infrequent if you ask me.  I considered
syncing like every 15 mintues, until I stepped back and looked at that
idea from a reality concept and laughed at myself.

Our system (going into beta next week!) is using realtime SQL calls for
location, status, etc. to our Voyager DB.

Andrew