A quick link-scan of the suggested posts seems to indicate two things:

  (1) wow, there's a lot of great stuff there already, from a wide
range of voices on a wide
      range of topics;

  (2) hmm, maybe there's a bit of natural recency bias, as in, most
of the posts suggested so
      far seem to have been written later in the year.

As for (2), I guess I'd just encourage everybody to go back to their
favorite blogs and page through earlier posts if you haven't already
(and, authors, verify that your "archives" links work).  It's been
fun rediscovering what had otherwise been barely a distant memory to
me and my feedreader!

Btw, I added two of my own posts with the comment "(added/preferred
by author)" because I did and do, as was suggested. :)

   -Dan