Hey Karen,

Have you successfully run the mysql-config[1] script yet?  And included the
mysql41_flag parameter?  That'd be the first thing I checked.

If you don't get much help from this list, the Fedora users list[2], which
has recently moved to Sourceforge, should definitely be able to get you up
and running.

Best of luck,

-Mike

1.