<delurk>I agree wholeheartedly with James on the technical
recommendation to continue using Drupal and supporting OJS.  We have
to walk the talk in terms of supporting Open
Access/Data/Source.   Since modes of scholarly communication are
evolving under our noses I also really like the idea of trying
something new, like open peer review/soft peer review.   I think
socially-networked collaborative tools can be exploited to create a
record of knowledge and its construction for communities of practice. </delurk>
Laura

At 09:47 AM 4/11/2007, James R. Jacobs wrote:
>Since code4lib is running drupal, wouldn't it make sense to leverage
>that platform and use their e-journal module
>(http://drupal.org/project/ejournal), an outgrowth of open journal
>system (http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ojs)?
>
>BTW, I'm all for a code4lib journal; but in many ways, I see the
>code4lib site as being the "journal." That is, there's communication
>going on within the community via IRC, the list, the blog, the conf
>proceedings (LOVED the conf video because I could not be there in
>person!) etc. That's traditionally what a journal is for.
>
>The only things missing are 1) platform (see first paragraph); 2) ISSN
>(Code4lib could apply for an ISSN already. see
>http://fawny.org/issn/?issn) and 3)Jonathan's bullet #1, an editorial
>board. Let's go for it.
>
>Regards,
>
>James Jacobs

Laura Smart, Digital Repository Librarian
Cal Poly Pomona University Library
c/o Distribution Services Building 98
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA     91768