Well I don't think there was any real interest in having a journal on
the level of an actual publisher. It seemed more on the alignment of
something like First Monday but with even less structure/schedule.
From what I remember, which may be wrong, it was more of a collection
of community output and not a competitor to any existing items. It
would be more informal like the anthology project, though I could see
some people then taking their work and republishing it elsewhere more
formally.

Again maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think anyone was planning on
actually starting a full-fledged journal on Elsevier or the like. Just
expanding already great blog posts or internal papers into something
that could benefit the community. I think it was discussed on this
list so the archives should probably share more.

I thought there was a page on the wiki but can't find it now.

Eby