I was planning on creating a Google groups list (just cause it's easy)
as a space for communicating on this project and working on getting it
started. I intend to this before I leave today. Sorry I too am busy with
a million things! But I think we can keep this going at a deliberate, if
not lightning, pace.  I plan to keep pushing the ball.

I have a list of about a dozen people who have expressed willingness
(either on the list, or privately to me) to put at least some time in,
at least initially. I think that's plenty---in fact more than enough for
the kind of actual work team I hope we can get, but I'm not (or trying
not to be) worried about too MUCH  interest at this point! (Dchud isn't
on this list at the moment, since I didn't see him express such
interest, but he's certainly welcome).

I agree that let's not get side tracked into discussing tech, it's an
issue, but a minor one that for some reason we seem to like spending
most of our time discussing.

So yeah, I plan to create a google group today. I plan to also make a
list on the trac wiki of people who have, for the moment, agreed to be
on what I'll call the 'editorial collective' (Hey, I'm just making this
stuff up as I go along too). The google group will be open to all, but I
think it's important to have a distinct list of people who have actually
committed to putting some time in (until they change their mind)--which
at the moment is I guess open to all too? (Although I do worry about it
becoming too large a group; I think a small team of people who have
committed is what gets things done---too big a group, and nobody's
responsible; but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it).

I also plan to send out an email with some suggested ways to structure
our thinking about steps we need to take, and put some supporting
material on the wiki. I'll publisize both to the list.  Sorry I'm not
lightning speed, I only re-catalyzed this discussion like last week!

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Sr. Programmer/Analyst