Okay, I've created a discussion group for Code4Lib Journal project:
http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss/

The discussion group is of course open to anyone, but I also suggest
that there be an editorial collective with a defined membership---of
people who have committed to spending some time on this project.

Maybe I named it wrong, because this list is intended to be a _work_
list, where we get things done.

I have also created some pages on the wiki to support the 'get C4LJ
going' project, at:

http://code4lib.org/trac/wiki/c4lj

On that page, you will see that I propose and elaborate: Three ground
rules of agreement for the project; and Three areas of work to make this
happen.

My proposed ground rules for the project:
A) There will be an editorial commitee with defined membership. [How one
gets on this in the long term is undecided; right now I"ve included
anyone who expressed interest].
B) Keep it simple, don't over-engineer, don't prematurely optimize--this
way we'll actually get it done. (Talking about the process here, not
just the tech!)
C) Our priority is usefulness to community, not scholarly
respectability/tenure utility.  [Don't know if we have consensus on
this, but we'll see].

My proposed way to think about the work to do in three areas:
1) Mission/Guidelines statement
2) Tech platform (Please let's not get stuck here!)
3) Structures and Processes for how C4LJ works

See further elaboration on the wiki. Direct further discussion to the
new list.

Thanks!

Jonathan