I haven't had time to look at it yet, but someone at Code4Lib conference
proposed a more sophisticated approach to spell checking that sounded
really interesting to me, and said he was going to share the code. I
hope to have time to investigate at some point.

Let's see if I can find it on the conference page.... yeah, it was
Martin Haye. You can watch his presentation here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4028600349627496246&hl=en

Looks like he's *martin*.*haye*[at]gmail.com.  During the lightning
talk, he said he didn't want to distribute the code seperately but
wanted to include it in Lucene if possible---but later in the
conference, he said he had been convinced by the interest in it to
distriburte the code as it's own standalone thing, and planned to do
that presently.

If anyone does or has explored using martin's code, please let us know
about your experience.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind