Nice work Bill. A while back Chris Biemesderfer added a section on
using Z39.50 to the MARC::Record tutorial:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/MARC-Record/lib/MARC/Doc/Tutorial.pod#Z39.50

If you have MARC::Record installed the tutorial is already hiding on
your disk somewhere, and can be retrieved by typing:

  perldoc MARC::Doc::Tutorial

At any rate I reach for ruby quite a bit these days--so thanks for
your script. If you want to provide it as a cmd line option you could
optionally output as dublin core w/ the to_dublin_core method that
Will Groppe added to ruby-marc.

I like how you list out some z39.50 servers. Have you ever run across
this google map/z39.50 mashup [1]? I imagine there is some kind of
directory (at IndexData?) that perhaps your script could use somehow.

//Ed

[1] http://opus.tu-bs.de/zack/statistic/targetmaps/