From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ryan
Eby
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Unicode from MySQL display problem

Don't have experience but a search showed that you may have to set-up
your mysql connection from PHP to use utf8 as php isn't good with
unicode. They recommended this:

$result = mysql_query('SET NAMES utf8;');
$result = mysql_query('SET CHARACTER_SET utf8;');

You can apparently also set up your mysql to default all connections
to utf8. Here was where I found it:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web_Development/Web_Languages-Standards/PHP/
Q_21957635.html

Eby