Dear Colleagues,

In December 2006, Internet Archive was honored to receive a grant from the Mellon Foundation for our ongoing development of the Heritrix web crawler. Using this grant, we will be embarking on a 2 billion page web crawl beginning June 1. This will be the largest web crawl we have ever attempted.

We are currently seeking url submissions for this historic crawl from libraries and archives as well as other cultural and memory institutions. We especially want international web content from a large variety of countries, geographic regions and language bases. The deadline for seed submission is May 15, just a few weeks away!

Please help us gather this content! The log in name/password to contribute URLs is 2billion and 2billion

Here is the link: http://wa.archive.org/aroundtheworld/index.html

Internet Archive http://www.archiveit.org is a non profit founded in 1996 to create a digital library. We currently have the largest public web archive in existence with 85 billion pages.

Thanks!

Kristine Hanna