At 6:31 PM -0400 5/9/07, Tim Spalding wrote:
>I'd love to see LT's member-driven data mashed up with more
>traditional work-set analysis. At this point everyone is free to try
>that on their own, but we'll move to a more traditional copyleft
>license, so improvements like that have to be shared.

It should be noted since collections of facts are not currently
copyrightable in the US, traditional copyleft, which uses copyright
law as its legal underpinning, does not work either.

It would be interesting to see what sort of legal foundation for
copyleft can be invented for collections of data- I can think of some
important applications in our community.
--

Eric Hellman, Director                            OCLC Openly
Informatics Division