A full-day workshop aimed at digital library (DL) professionals,
researchers, and educators to address important issues surrounding
digital libraries education will be held at the Joint Conference on
Digital Libraries (JCDL) 2007 Conference in Vancouver, BC.  This event
will be the third one in a series of workshops held in the recent
years.  The last two workshops were held as part of the previous two
JCDL conferences.  The workshop is organized by members of four
universities: Indiana University, Bloomington (IUB), University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), University of North Carolina -
Chapel Hill, and Virginia Tech.  The workshop is partially funded with
a grant that the Institute of Museum and Library Services  (IMLS)
provided to IUB and UIUC.  At IUB and UIUC, we have spent the past
year recruiting the second group of Digital Library Fellows, placing
our first year Fellows in internships and professional positions,
developing new courses, and continuing our exploration of the
requirements of the digital library profession.  The workshop will
bring together a number of speakers on topics of interest to digital
library educators and working professionals. The event will provide
the opportunity for representatives of the universities organizing the
workshop, other DL education grant recipients, students, and several
members of other DL programs and organizations to report on project
details, requirements analysis, curriculum development, and program
evaluation.

Specific topics to be covered include:
Core Curriculum
IT applications in teaching DL
Practice vs. Theory
Evaluation of curriculum
Sustainability

Workshop details:

Date & Time: June 18th, 8:30A-4P
Location: Conference Hotel (please check the site below for further
details)

Lunch and refreshments included.

http://jcdl2007.org/workshops/workshop1.htm

Thank you very much and we hope to see you at the JCDL Conference!

Organizers:
Javed Mostafa, Indiana University; Jerome McDonough, William Mischo,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Edward A. Fox, Virginia
Tech; Jeffrey Pomerantz, Barbara M Wildemuth, University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Questions: Please contact Dan Albertson ([log in to unmask])

-----
Jerome McDonough, Asst. Professor
Graduate School of Library & Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, Room 202
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 244-5916