Eric,

I'll address only the xml design for  your first link, and I'll ask
questions, not because I want to know the answer, but because the
answers determine whether your xml response is "good".

is this response supposed to work only for mylibrary?
does version refer to mylibrary or to the response format?
why is there an error element if there's not been an error?
why is there a message element if there's no message?
why is code PCDATA rather than  a CDATA attribute?
are the facets always ordered?
is there a difference between a facet_name and a name?
is the name and note attached to the facet or contained by the facet?
why do facets have ids?
is id an ID?

I also find that it helps to try to read things like this aloud in English.

MyLibrary, could I get all the facets you have?

Hello, I'm MyLibrary version 0.001.
I would like to report an error with code zero and no message.
As for my facets, a facet, which I id as "2", is named as a facet
"Formats, and I should note as a facet it is "The physical
manifestation of information", and that's what I have to say about
this facet.
Another facet, which I id as "3", is named as a facet "People", and I
should note as a facet it is "Human beings both real and fictional",
and that's what I have to say about this facet.
etc...
And those are all the facets.
Goodbye!

--

Eric Hellman, Director                            OCLC Openly
Informatics Division