Ed Summers wrote:
> It's a good idea. I know there's significant interest here at LC to
> follow OCLC's lead in making data and services available to the
> public.
Really? What there'd be the most interest in from _this_ public would be
LCC and LCSH authorities, as well as NAF (person/corporate name, and
work title) authorities. That should all be accessible via a REST XML API.

I could sketch out what this interface should look like, but it's pretty
simple---basically just SRU delivering MARC-XML would be fine. Although
it would be nice if the 'references' in the MARC-XML actually supplied
the URLs for identifying/downloading the records referenced, instead of
making the user construct such a url on their own (or worse, SRU to try
and find it without being sure of it's url!).

If LC is really interested in providing their core useful stuff....

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer